- Could this new agey-book “be worth a million dollars?”When I picked up a copy of Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, I had no idea this book would take me on such a wild ride. Subtitled, “This book could be worth a million dollars to you,” I was prepared for another dry productivity paradigm. I couldn’t have been farther off the mark. … Continue reading Could this new agey-book “be worth a million dollars?”
- Hot Takes on “Addie La Rue”I recently read The Invisible Life of Addie La Rue by V. E. Schwab for The Late Night Book Club December book of the month. Despite this book’s 4.5 star rating on GoodReads, I was on the fence about whether I wanted to read past the free sample, and by the time I reached the… Continue reading Hot Takes on “Addie La Rue”
- “Nature is trying to kill us!”Ever hear the old adage, “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger?” Have you ever thought to yourself that it’s okay to get sick, because it will just make your immune system stronger? Sorry to break the news to you, that is just not true! Learn more about why in my article for the NCTA’s… Continue reading “Nature is trying to kill us!”
- Healthcare interpreters will gasp at this movie trailerHealthcare interpreters who watch this movie trailer will INSTANTLY be reminded of the ethical decision-making that they must face in their profession. The Farewell – The Movie
- Starting a summer class in healthcare interpreting at CCSF this weekI am very excited to begin a new class with Gayle Tang in the Healthcare Interpreting Program at City College of San Francisco this week.